Family Collage 2015

Family Collage 2015

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Too Much of a Good Thing?

Most weeks I long for extra time with Maddy where we can snuggle, read stories, cook in the kitchen or play outside. Those things are always more fun when we can be leisurely and just enjoy each other. Working mommy guilt is not something new to me and I usually look for extra special opportunities to show Maddy how important she is even when our time during the week is limited.

The past two weeks we've spent a lot of time together (with Ted too, yay bonus) which while awesome is also reinforcing why I work and why she goes to daycare. The biggest challenge with vacations is a lack of routine which neither Maddy or I do especially well with. We both like structure and being busy which often times does not come with vacation, at least not the camping kind. After spending 11 of the past 16 days together (don't worry, I needed a calendar and almost a calculator to figure that out) we are both looking forward to Monday when we can part ways and start missing each other again. I'm looking forward to picking her up after a long day of work and feeling overwhelmed with happiness when she runs into my arms at daycare, when we can spend extra time building block towers during bath time, and when I can look at pictures of her on the bus during my commute, remembering how quickly it's all zooming by.

For now we've made some awesome memories over the past 2 weeks. We've swam together in lakes and rivers, we've roasted marshmallows, we've filled toy dump trucks with dirt, and we've laid in the tent snuggling with Daddy in the early mornings. Regardless we will both benefit from a little space and a little normalcy :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment