Family Collage 2015

Family Collage 2015

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Golfing!

My family has played golf for as long as I can remember. I used to go in my stroller with my parents when I was a baby and play in the sand traps.

Before Ted and I met, I got my first set of golf clubs and I used to play with some friends in Seattle. Then Ted and I met and it was one of the fun things we had in common that we used to do regularly. We probably golfed 10-15 times the spring/summer of 2010 and it was great! Then I got pregnant in winter of 2011 and as anyone who's ever been pregnant knows, there's no way to swing a golf club with a watermelon strapped to your stomach. So no golf for me :( Of course the other thing about golf is that to play 18 holes, it takes about 4-5 hours which doesn't work well when you have a baby/toddler.

So....fast forward 3 1/2 years and guess what? I am back on the golf course! Ted's parents kept Maddy Saturday afternoon and overnight so we went golfing. We started off with a small par 3/4 9 hole course that's in Tacoma. It was beautiful out and we had a blast. After not swinging a club for over 3 years, I hit my first shot 100 yards right down the middle if the fairway. Success!

I can't wait to get back out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment