Family Collage 2015

Family Collage 2015

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Maddy

About 3 years ago, Maddy was growing in my belly and I had just started to feel her moving around. That was the beginning of my connection to this amazing little girl. Maddy arrived a few days later than planned, and I should have known then that she would be strong willed and do things herself when she was ready to do them. Things haven't really changed.

Maddy is fiercely independent and because of that can tackle a lot of things that many kids her age are happy having someone else do for them. She's amazed with the world and is constantly asking questions and looking for new things to try out. 

She loves her family and her friends immensely and while she can play by herself and do her own thing, she mostly wants to be with other people. She's definitely an extrovert.

Maddy is emotional, she processes things with her heart and when things hurt her feelings, she has a hard time recovering. She takes things personal. 

I don't want to be cliche, but for me, Maddy epitomizes the saying, I didn't know that I could love someone this much. I love when she snuggles into my shoulder when she needs cuddles, I love when she mispronounces words or phrases in the cute way 2 year olds do, and I'm going to regret saying this, but I love when she stomps her foot and shouts, no, Maddy do!

As much as Maddy pushes my buttons and sometimes drives me crazy, I know that the traits that she possesses today will allow her to grow into a strong woman who stands up for herself and passionately pursues her dreams.

I'm so proud of Maddy. I'm proud to be her mom and proud that she eagerly allows me to be a part of her journey. I can't wait to see what 3 more years brings!

I love you buddy!


Funny Things Maddy Says:

We have a scale in our bathroom and Maddy likes to weigh herself. In order to try to help establish positive messages about her body and weight, we usually cheer and get excited no matter what the scale says and usually tell her how great it is that she's getting bigger. Tonight was no exception except for Maddy's reply :)

Me: Wow Maddy, you weigh 29lbs, you've gotten so big! That's awesome!

Maddy: Yay, I'm 29! Soon I'll be big enough to drive a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment